Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Loneliness... an easy friend to find


The past few weeks and days in particular, I have felt one particular feeling a lot... lonely.

But as I reflect this feeling, it seems a little ridiculous for several reasons. I have all sorts of friends surrounding me, at work, at church, where I live... there are plenty of people to call friends. I have family only 30 minutes from me, and another hour drive or so, and I can find even more family. So why do I feel lonely?!!!!! So here I am trying to remedy this aillment because its the worst kind to have! Looking for others who may be lonely, trying to serve others which is usually a good remedy to loneliness. And what I have heard is the best remedy... work. yet still, I feel it, so why is it loneliness is my new best friend? I started reading some talks and came across this phrase, "Heavenly Father needs servants trained through experience to minister to the needs of his children". So here is the conclusion I have come to, maybe this experience isn't for me. In one of those ironies of life, when I feel the most in need of someone else, I am learning things to help someone else. So for now, I am learning a lesson I could not learn without experience, and for that I am grateful.
"In the very act of making up our minds to confront loneliness, half the battle is won. For if we seek the Lord through service, prayer, and righteousness, we will find that we are not alone" (see Rev. 3:20).

6 comments:

  1. I have definitely experienced this hil! I know exactly what its like!
    since I do know, it makes me want to be there for other people!
    love you girl, I want to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! I completely agree with you, I feel like there are many things I have gone through or am going through that is meant for the benefit of helping others. You are awesome Hilary and make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute hil! Love the quotes! We definitely need to find time to do something soon since It seems forever since I've seen you! I am guessing your most free times are during the evenings? You tell me when and we can find a time! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How on earth did mom not comment on this? Is she unaware of your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed... she is unaware!! ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete